Our postal address is:
Area B, 225 Wildwood Avenue
Woburn, MA 01801-2025 USA
We can be reached via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at +1 (781) 491-0999.
Personal data we collect
We collect Personal Data that you provide to us. For example, when you fill out the Contact Us form on the Site, you provide and we collect your name, company name, mailing address, phone number and/or email address.
We also collect your Personal Data from other organizations or individuals. For example, if you have inquired about our products or services through one of our third-party advertisers, they will provide us with your Personal Data, including your name, company name, email address, mailing address, and phone number.
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser and IP address. As you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Usage Data.”
We collect Usage Data using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- "Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
The purpose in collecting personal data
We use the Personal Data we collect to help us do the following:
- Deliver our products and services;
- Perform timely customer service;
- Communicate with you about information that you request;
- Create account efficiencies, such as a single customer record, and eliminate redundancies and duplication;
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services;
- Communicate with our representative for your territory so the representative can fulfill any requests for information;
- Operate the Site effectively and provide you with a more consistent and personalized experience when interacting with us;
- Improve the overall security and functionality of the Sites to make your visit safer and more productive; and
- Asses the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns;
Sharing your personal data
From time to time, we share your Personal Data with third parties, as described in this Policy, in the following ways.
- At your direction: We will share your Personal Data with third parties when you tell us to. For example, if you fill out a form provided by one of our third-party advertisers, we will provide that information to them for their own use.
- With our service providers: We share your Personal Data with our service providers that perform and offer services on our behalf. This allows us to enable specific services and functionality for which we have contracted or partnered, such as delivering our products or services, sending marketing and communications related to our business, and improving the Site.
- For legal purposes: We will disclose your Personal Data to government authorities or third parties, as needed within our reasonable judgment, to identify fraud; to protect and enforce our rights or the rights of our customers or related entities; in response to a subpoena, regulation, or other legal process; and when required by law.
International transfers of personal data
Please be aware that many of the third-party service providers with whom we share your information are located outside of the United States. As a result, your Personal Data may be transferred from another country into the United States or out of the United States to another country. Some of these countries (including the United States) may not have data protection laws as comprehensive or protective as those in your country of residence. To the extent required by applicable law, we ensure that international transfers of Personal Data are subject to appropriate protections, such as standard data protection clauses approved by the European Commission.
Legal basis for processing personal data
We may process Personal Data if any one of the following applies:
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which JanisULT is subject;
- You have given your consent for one or more specific purposes;
- Processing is necessary for the performance of an agreement with you or your business and/or for any related pre-contractual undertakings;
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in JanisULT; or
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by JanisULT or by a third party, as described in this Policy.
In any case, we will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the processing of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
JanisULT strives to make sure that the information we maintain is reliable, accurate, and up to date.
Upon request, we will provide you with a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you to the extent required by law. You may also request that your Personal Data be updated, corrected, transferred, deleted, or that processing be restricted or discontinued by contacting us at the email address noted above. If you contact us directly, we will take reasonable steps to confirm your identity before making any changes. Please note that some information remains in our records even after you request its deletion, to the extent permitted or required by applicable laws. Additionally, there are limits to the amount of information we can practically provide. For example, we will limit access to Personal Data where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to an individual's privacy or where doing so would violate others' rights.
You may also unsubscribe from the marketing emails that you receive from us at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email. If you unsubscribe from marketing communications, however, it will not limit our ability to send transactional communications to you regarding products or services you have requested.
To prevent information from being collected by Google Analytics, you can install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Do not track
Some web browsers incorporate a Do Not Track (“DNT”) or similar feature that signals to digital services that a user does not want to have his/her online activity tracked. If a digital service that responds to a particular DNT signal receives the DNT signal, the browser can block that digital service from collecting certain information about that browser’s user. Not all browsers offer a DNT option and DNT signals are not yet uniform. For these reasons, we and many other digital service operators do not respond to DNT signals. For more information about DNT signals, visit http://allaboutdnt.com.
When you request information through the Site, we will maintain your Personal Data for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information. Google Analytics information is deleted after 26 months.
For more information about our privacy practices or if you have questions or concerns, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail at JanisULT, Area B, 225 Wildwood Avenue, Woburn, MA, 01801-2025, United States.
Domestic (Including Canada)
Minimum order $150 – FOB Woburn, MA USA – All prices are in U.S. dollars and are subject to change without notice.
Letter of Credit or Prepayment – Minimum order $200 – EXW Woburn, MA USA – All prices are in U.S. dollars and are subject to change without notice.
Limited Warranty Statement
What products are covered?
American ULT Cryogenics. LLC, doing business as JanisULT ("JanisULT") limited warranty covers defects in material or workmanship in new products manufactured by JanisULT (the “Product” or “Products”). It applies to all Products for which a purchase order has been received by Janis on or after July 1, 2012; Products purchased prior to July 1, 2012 are covered by the warranty policy in effect on the date the purchase order was received. The warranty applies only to those Products sold directly by JanisULT, or through an authorized Janis representative, distributor or original equipment manufacturer (OEM). The warranty extends only to the original Purchaser, and is not transferable or assignable.
What is the warranty period?
The JanisULT limited warranty is three years (36 months) from:
- The date of shipment from JanisULT if no system installation is purchased
- The completion of installation and operational verification at the Purchaser facility, if installation has been purchased from JanisULT or JanisULT authorized representative, distributor, or OEM. If installation scheduling is delayed by the Purchaser for more than 30 days, the warranty will begin on the 31st day after receipt of the equipment at the Purchaser’s facility.
Repairs that have been paid for by the Purchaser (for example after the original limited warranty has expired) will be covered by the JanisULT warranty for one year (12 months) from the date of shipment of the repaired Product from JanisULT. The one year warranty applies only to the part(s) for which repair was purchased, not to any other part of the repaired Product.
Any other warranty duration or condition must be specified by JanisULT in writing in a quotation or expressly approved by JanisULT in writing.
What products are not covered?
- Non-JanisULT branded products integrated or delivered with the Product, including but not limited to cryogenic refrigerators, superconducting magnets, electromagnets, magnet power supplies, vacuum pumps, and electronic instruments. These and all other non-JanisULT branded products will be covered by the factory warranty of their respective manufacturers or for one year, whichever is longer.
- The Janis labor cost to remove and re-install any failed non-JanisULT branded product will be paid by JanisULT only during the first year (12 months) of the warranty period.
- The one year period begins when the Janis limited warranty begins (according to the “What is the warranty period” section above.)
- Window materials other than quartz, sapphire, and wrapped mylar (“Other Material”).
- If a window of Other Material should fail (crack or break) within the warranty period, the Purchaser will be responsible for all costs (materials, labor, and freight charges) to repair the Product.
- If a window of Other Material develops a leak within the warranty period but does not crack or break, JanisULT will perform the labor to replace the window at no cost to the Purchaser (in accordance with other standard warranty terms). However, the Purchaser will bear the cost of the replacement window material.
Other warranty exclusions
Excluded from this warranty are any Products that fail due to accidental damage, abuse, neglect, mechanical shock, electrostatic discharge, wear and tear, heat or humidity, unapproved component modifications, incorrect assembly or installation (unless installation service was provided by JanisULT or JanisULT authorized personnel), misuse or other operation contrary to the instructions in the user manual, operation exceeding rated specifications, natural disasters such as flood, fire, wind, or earthquake. This warranty does not cover consequential damages, incidental damages, and costs related to removal and installation at the Purchaser facility.
How do you make a warranty claim?
The Purchaser must contact JanisULT or the authorized JanisULT representative, distributor, or original equipment manufacturer (OEM) within the warranty period. The Purchaser should include name, address, phone number, email address, and product serial number, along with a description of the problem. Products are not to be returned to JanisULT without receiving prior authorization and a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA). Once the RMA has been received, the Product must be properly packaged in its original packaging (or packaging that provides the Product with protection equivalent to the original packaging). The Product should be shipped freight prepaid to JanisULT, with the RMA clearly marked on the outside of the packaging.
What will JanisULT do?
Upon receipt of the Product, JanisULT will evaluate the Product to determine whether the failure is due to a factory defect in materials or workmanship. If found defective, JanisULT will either repair or replace the Product (at its sole discretion) without charge for materials, labor, or return freight charges to the Purchaser. Replacement for the Product may include either new parts or equivalent in performance to new parts. Replacement or repaired parts, or replacement Product, will be warranted for the unexpired portion of the original warranty or for 90 days (whichever is greater).
In the case of a returned Product in which no fault is found, the Purchaser will be responsible for all costs associated with the evaluation and testing of the Product, as well as the return packaging and freight charges.
The foregoing warranties are expressly in lieu of and exclude all other expressed or implied warranties, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability and of fitness for particular purpose, use or application, and all other obligations or liabilities on the part of JanisULT, unless such other warranties, obligations or liabilities are expressly agreed to in writing by JanisULT.
Statements made by any person, including representatives of JanisULT, which are inconsistent or in conflict with the terms of these warranties shall not be binding upon JanisULT unless reduced to writing by an authorized official of JanisULT.
THIS WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE, PERFORMANCE, OR OTHERWISE. Neither JanisULT nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates shall be held liable for incidental, consequential or other damages (including lost profit, lost data, or downtime costs) arising out of the use or inability to use the product, whether based in warranty, contract, tort or other legal theory, regardless of whether or not JanisULT has been advised of the possibility of such damages. JanisULT is not an expert in the customer's technical field and therefore does not warrant the suitability of its products for the applications selected by the customer. JanisULT accepts no responsibility for misuse, misapplication or unauthorized modification of its products. Use of the Product is entirely at Purchaser’s risk.