"Wet" System - Standard Sample Loading - Sample in UHV
The model HE-3-SSUHV-SPM/ESR cryostat is designed for versatile applications (such as Scanning Probe Microscopy and Electron Spin Resonance) with sample in ultra high vacuum (UHV) environment.
The system contains two identical He-3 inserts which provide very large cooling power for various types of experiments. A "universal" sample mount made of gold plated OFHC copper is thermally connected to the two He-3 pots. This is used for cooling Scanning Probe Microscope heads, Electron Spin Resonance devices and a variety of other experiments.
A high field superconducting magnet as well as an ESR modulation coil are supplied with the system. The ESR modulation coil can reach a field of 1350 gauss, with a 27 gauss per ampere resolution.
A clear shot access, with a 4.2 K thermal anchor stage, is incorporated into the system so that the cryostat can be turned into a top-loading system with minor modifications.
This He-3 cryostat includes the following main components:
- Thermometer and heater on the sample mount
- Charcoal sorption pumps with heaters and thermometers
- 1 K pot with thermometers
- 1 K cold plate for wiring thermal anchor
- He-3 pot with heaters and thermometers
- UHV as well as standard vacuum cans
- Gas handling system
- Operation test
- Resistive and/or superconducting wires
- Coaxial cables
- Automatic temperature controller
- Helium level sensor and read out
- Vapor cooled helium dewar
- Liquid helium transfer line
|Base Temperature:||340 mK|
|Holding Time at Base Temperature:||24 hours|
|Sample Space:||up to 10 cm|
|Temperature Range:||0.30 K - 80 K|